Wednesday, July 26

Welcome to Tasting Life


Hi Everybody! Welcome to my foodblog. My name is Julia, I’m 16 years old (but mature for my age…) and I’m from the Netherlands. I live with my mum, my sister Sarah and my cat Romeo in a small apartment building in The Hague, and – what a surprise - I love to cook.

About a year ago I discovered ‘The Absolutely Fabulous World of Food Blogging’ and I was instantly hooked. It was like I had discovered a whole new world; Wow, is this real? Do all these people feel the same way about baking as I do? Are all these people from all around the world as much obsessed with food and cooking as I am? Yeeeh I’m not alone! I’m not weird! (OK, maybe just a little…) ;-)
I think it’s great you can share your thoughts, recipes, victories, adventures (and of course disasters…) so easily with others on the net, to see al the beautiful pictures of baking goods and get new ideas for own recipes.

I have always loved cooking programs like Oliver’s twist and Bill’s Food, and one of my favorite things to do is to go to a bookshop to the cooking section and browse trough cookbooks looking at all the mouth-watering pictures. To search for new delicious recipes, at home experiment with them and of course the result… spending time in the kitchen, the smell of your own homemade cookies and seeing the faces of others while they are enjoying what you have made…
Aaaah I just love everything about it!

School is very easy for me – OK, I’m completely bored most of the time, but don’t tell them!… - a new project is always welcome and I love a good challenge. This is when I got the idea of Tasting Life. Cooking and baking is one of my favorite things to do and if I believe my friends and family, I’m quite good at it! So why not my own blog? So here I am; - Tasting Life.

My goal for Tasting Life is to make minimal once a week something new and post the recipe (my own or adapted from a cookbook) I always LOVE to see many pictures with recipes, so Tasting Life will be full of pictures. I want to experiment, make delicious things and be original and different.
Tasting Life will mainly be sweets, desserts and little snacks. I just love to make (and to eat of course...) things like cookies, cakes, muffins and pies. Because I’m addicted to coffee, chocolate, fruit and nuts many recipes will have one (or more…) of these things in it. – But really, has anyone a problem with that?? - ;-)

Well I think this is all for now, I hope you like it (and me…) and see U soon!

Julia

5 comments:

*fanny* said...

Hi Julia,
thanks for your comment on foodbeam. You're so nice.
Your blog seems very promising and i can't wait for other recipes/stories/pictures.

Have fun
Fanny

Valentina said...

Julia, nice to meet you.I'm Brazilian but have been living in the Uk for 16 years now. I just love your blog. Very stylish and full of character. I will definitely become a regular.

Anonymous said...

hello julia, my name is chrissy & i'm from the philippines.
i admire young girls like you with a lot of spunk! please do keep on writing about your adventures, food or otherwise. i'm also looking forward to the recipes you'll be featuring soon.
you shoot good pictures, too!

Life is beautiful, let's taste it! ;D

Julia said...

Wow, that's so nice to hear! (uhm, I mean read...) :)
I’m full with ideas and very excited to start! it’s a wonderful thought that there are people, from all around the world, who read my blog and like it. Very supporting; Thank you!

Cookie Madness said...

Hi Julia,

I look forward to following your blog! I'm especially interested in your scone experiments. I haven't been eating scones lately, but I went through a phase where I was obsessed with them. The best ones I had were from a bakery in Norwalk, Connecticut. I can't remember the name of it, but the scones were incredible. The owner said the secret was "lots of butter". Well, of course, right?